Area, Surface Area, & Volume of Composite Figures REAL-WORLD SITUATIONS
About This Product
Area, Surface Area, & Volume of Composite Figures- REAL-WORLD SITUATIONS
Designed with educators in mind, the product 'Area, Surface Area & Volume of Composite Figures- REAL-WORLD SITUATIONS' delivers a powerful teaching resource for seventh-grade geometry. It shifts away from abstract mathematical problems to focus on real-life applications which makes learning more engaging and relatable.
The product dovetails neatly into the 7th Grade Geometry Standard CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.7.G.B.6 which emphasizes problem-solving that pertains to area, volume and surface area of varied 2D and 3D objects such as triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, cubes and right prisms.
- Total of twelve well-crafted questions: Each question indicates what sort of computation is required for each practical situation presented.
- Versatile usage: Suitable as handouts or easily applied as an assignment using Google Forms.
- Innovative grading feature: Automatic grading with Google Forms integration simplifies the evaluation process (Note: This includes multiple choice format for questions one to six while seven through twelve are short answer types).
- Detailed Answer Key included:: Description comes complete with accurate ideally detailed Answer Key so teachers are never stuck searching for correct solutions!
Please note that this resource doesn't include practice tasks dealing with composite figures incorporating circles rather sticking strictly standard requirements provided.
Leverage This Resource In Various Ways:
This reliable tool offers versatility breadth meet your pedagogical needs. Whether you’re catering a lively whole-class discussion or supervising independent small-group explorations, it can even be extended as a home task reinforcing concepts further. This is math made practical, an educational ally for any seventh-grade geometry classroom or homeschooling setup.
This resource contains:
1) 12 Questions on the topic of Area, Surface Area, & Volume of Composite Figures:
Questions 1 - 6 are simply determining what type of calculation should be made given a real-world situation.
Questions 7 - 12 are application questions, 2 area, 2 surface area, and 2 volume.
2) Two formats available:
Version for Google Forms, automatically graded (1-6 are multiple choice, 7-12 are short answer but you may edit to add choices)
3) Answer Key
NOTE: This practice does NOT include circular composite figures, only those listed directly from the standard.