American Revolutionary War: Major Figures Gr. 5-8
About This Product
Teaching Resource: American Revolutionary War - Major Figures (Grades 5-8)
This teaching resource allows students to delve into the lives of key figures and significant events of the American Revolution (1775-1783), highlighting how America gained independence and transformed into a new nation.
Scope of the Teaching Resource
- Explores escalating tension between Britain and its thirteen eastern coast colonies in North America.
- Presents pivotal historical moments like Navigation Acts and their implications on British colonies.
- Specially designed for Grade levels 5-8, focuses on important episodes like Boston Massacre and Boston Tea Party that fanned feelings of rebellion among settlers.
Prominent Figures Covered
- Honours stalwarts such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson whose impact endures today.
- Narrates stories about Paul Revere's daring ride along with iconic battles of Lexington and Concord as compelling reads for curious young minds interested in the nation's past.
Captivating Learning Aids Included:
- Crosswords, word search puzzles, comprehension quiz to test retention of knowledge, each accompanied by an answer key.
This valuable resource aligns with state standards as well as Bloom's Taxonomy guidelines making it versatile for use during group study sessions or individual homework assignments.
Contains 1 Product File