PACK 2: Brush Up On Your Literacy Over The Summer
About This Product
A fun course to improve children’s literacy over the summer (7-11 years)
Ideal for helping children catch up, as well as keeping them amused over the vacation.
This pack is titled ‘Lets Go Travelling’
It includes a number of fun writing activities, to inspire children to write. For example:
1. Read the radio script and listeners texts/emails and develop a story based on one of their accounts
2. Answer the reading comprehension questions
3. Develop some sizzling summer day vocabulary and explore writing techniques, such as similes, metaphors, alliteration and personification
4. Use the question prompts to write about a holiday you enjoyed
5. Write about your dream holiday destination
There are lots of writing skeletons, prompts, model answers and hints and tips, to help children who struggle to put their ideas down on paper.
There are 4 summer themed work packs available In this series.
Out And About In Summer
Lets Go Travelling
Lets Go On Holiday
Lets Go Somewhere Exciting