Career Readiness Skills: Earnings and Deductions on Jasmine’s Pay Stub
About This Product
In the life skills story Earnings and Deductions on Jasmine’s Pay Stub, Jasmine learns how to interpret the information on her pay stub.
The use of this Career Readiness Skills resource will allow students to engage in:
• This life skills story is an excellent conversation starter for discussing employment-related skills.
• The story uses simple and clear language to explain the different sections on a pay stub, including employee information, pay period dates, earnings, and deductions.
• The story covers various deductions, including federal income tax, FICA, Medicare tax, and insurance.
• The story aims to teach financial literacy by explaining how earnings and deductions affect net pay.
• The interactive dialog and questions engage learners and reinforce their understanding of the story and the concepts.
• The real-world examples, and age-appropriate visual aids, such as illustrations and diagrams, make this conversational story an excellent resource for teaching social narratives.
• This social narrative's simple and direct language sets clear expectations, making it ideal for high school students and adults with intellectual disabilities.
The story includes seven (7) reading comprehension questions and answers to reinforce and measure the student's understanding of the Career Readiness Skills contained in the story!
This life skills story will assist high school students and young adults in developing the necessary independent living skills to become more independent at school, at home, and in their communities.
This story is designed to be used by special education teachers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, ABA therapists, registered behavior technicians (RBT), parents, supported living coaches, and life skills teachers to teach their students valuable life skills.
In addition to interactive instruction, this resource is ideal for hands-on and community-based learning, defining, setting, and measuring IEP goals.
Related Products for Developing Independent Living Skills
Engage your special education class with this highly interactive High School Career Readiness Skills Story!
It's printable, easy to use, and ready to hand out!
A PDF file with six (6) pages.