Career Readiness Skills: Omar Makes a Great First Impression at Work
About This Product
In Omar Makes a Great First Impression at Work, Olivia explains how Omar should prepare for his first day of work.
The use of this Career Readiness resource will allow students to engage in the following:
• The story provides an excellent opportunity to discuss how to make a good impression at work.
• Tips for dressing appropriately for work.
• What you can do to prepare for traffic and arrive early at work.
• Ways to prepare for orientation as a new hire.
• How to introduce yourself to new co-workers politely and kindly.
• The importance of paying attention to what the supervisor and co-workers say and asking questions if necessary.
• The interactive dialog and questions engage learners and reinforce their understanding of the story and the concepts.
• The real-world examples, and age-appropriate visual aids, such as illustrations and diagrams, make this conversational story an excellent resource for teaching social narratives.
• This social narrative's simple and direct language sets clear expectations, making it ideal for high school students and adults with intellectual disabilities.
The story includes seven (7) reading comprehension questions and answers to reinforce and measure the student's understanding of the Career Readiness contained in the story!
This life skills story will assist high school students and young adults in developing the necessary independent living skills to become more independent at school, at home, and in their communities.
This story is designed to be used by special education teachers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, ABA therapists, registered behavior technicians (RBT), parents, supported living coaches, and life skills teachers to teach their students valuable life skills.
In addition to interactive instruction, this resource is ideal for hands-on and community-based learning, defining, setting, and measuring IEP goals.
Related Products for Developing Employment Skills
Engage your special education class with this highly interactive High School Career Readiness Story!
It's printable, easy to use, and ready to hand out!
A PDF file with seven (7) pages.