Rocks and Minerals | Research Report
About This Product
Engage your students with this fun and comprehensive Rocks and Minerals Research Report resource. It helps make report writing easy! It contains vocabulary, worksheets, questions, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Rocks and Minerals Research Report.
This is a fun, 43 page resource for your students to produce a research report on Rocks and Materials.
This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. Each question has one page dedicated to it so each student can answer as much or as little as is prudent for them. There is extra blank paper at the end of the questions for questions that need additional room to answer.
This package contains the following report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name
2. Essential Questions about rocks and minerals (some questions students are
asked to draw, color, and label diagrams)
3. Rocks and Minerals Related Vocabulary- students define the word and illustrate
4. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
5. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of
the report if needed.
6. How to research your report- Finding your information.
7. Note taking bullet form template
8. Note taking lined form template
9. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
10. Student Checklist for editing and revising
11. Teacher Notes
1 PDF file.