A Level Poetry Lesson: ‘An Easy Passage’ by Julia Copus
About This Product
A Level Poetry Lesson: 'An Easy Passage' by Julia Copus
This comprehensive teaching resource is well-suited for Grade 9 to Grade 12 educators in Language Arts and Poetry, focusing on the text ‘An Easy Passage’ by Julia Copus.
- The lesson undertakes a deep dive into the physical and emotional aspects of adolescence, specifically the transition from girlhood to womanhood.
- Its varied applications make it suitable for both traditional classroom teachings as well as online learning settings.
- The package comes with a professionally designed PowerPoint with 24 aptly-curated slides which stimulate interactive discussions around poetry analysis.
The presentation kickstarts with an engaging activity, delves into an overview of the text and progressively becomes more grounded in analysis tasks associated with poem’s core themes & language devices used therein.
This module includes:
- A series of analysis questions focused on structure, narrative style, and core themes found within the verses of the poem.
- The academic writing task enables teachers to access students' understanding of critical literary analysis along while fostering their creativity expression critically. Also included are extension tasks that further delve into key motifs plus constructively structured homework assignments.
The lesson concludes with a plenary session that informs recapitulation or class discussion promoting comprehensive involvement from pupils across multiple learning contexts.
In essence, this resource needs no additional preparations from teachers. It enhances your teaching experience making poetry comprehension both insightful yet enjoyable for students across different grades and music understanding levels.
1 PowerPoint with 24 ready to display slides