All About Tornadoes | Earth Science Unit
About This Product
Bring your earth science lessons to life with these creative resources. This unit covers supercell storms, to formation of tornadoes, the type, parts, and categorization of tornadoes, and tornado safety. Note: Posters can also be used as awesome slides in google classroom.
How To Use This:
Look through this boatload of resources and pick out which pieces and parts will help you organize and plan your science unit. I purposefully included lots of different options so that you can personalize your approach. Note: Posters can also be used as awesome slides in google classroom.
What You Get:
- Sample Earth Science Lesson Plan Schedule
- Recommended projects and activities
- Recommended video links (QR codes and URL addresses)
- List of thematic vocabulary and spelling words
- 8 Vocabulary word strips: (Tornado, Funnel, Eye, Annulus, Cumulonimbus, Supercell, Vortex, Tornado Alley)
- Poster "How Does a Tornado Form?"
- Poster "Characteristics of a Tornado"
- 2 Posters "Types of Tornadoes"
- Poster "Tornado Categories- The Fujita Scale"
- Poster "Where are Tornadoes Most Likely to Occur? Tornado Alley"
- Poster "Parts of a Tornado"
- Poster "Tornado Warnings"
- Poster "Tornado Safety"
- "Why Its So Hard to Predict a Tornado" 2 page article (provided in two reading levels)
- "Tornado Safety" article (provided in two reading levels)
- Where is Tornado Alley? worksheet
- Recipe for Tornadoes worksheet
- Label the Parts of a Tornado worksheet
- Cut and Glue "Tornado in my neighborhood" sequence worksheet
- Tornado word search
- Tornado coloring page
- Cut-out Tornado Safety craft
- "My Book About Tornadoes" craft template (how tornadoes form)
- 6 Writing templates about this science topic in different writing genres
- 3 early writing templates
- 3 beginning writing templates
- Review game rules, setup, and printable questions
*Make sure to check out all the other earth science units I have created to create a cohesive earth science approach!
1 zip file with:
-Google Doc describing what is included
-JPEGs explaining some of the individual activities
-50 page PDF with ready to print pages