Finance Life Skills: Omar Learns How Credit Cards Work
About This Product
In Omar Learns How Credit Cards Work, Olivia shows Omar how to read a credit card statement and discusses the purpose of a credit card.
The use of this Finance Life Skills resource will allow students to engage in the following:
• This story uses simple language and relatable examples to explain what credit cards are and how they work.
• It includes the consequences of not making minimum payments and how it affects your credit score.
• Explain cash advances and why they are not a good idea.
• Discuss why checking your credit card statement for mistakes is important and how to address them.
• Discuss responsible credit card use and avoiding extra fees.
• The interactive dialog and questions engage learners and reinforce their understanding of the story and the concepts.
• The real-world examples, and age-appropriate visual aids, such as illustrations and diagrams, make this conversational story an excellent resource for teaching social narratives.
• This social narrative's simple and direct language sets clear expectations, making it ideal for high school students and adults with intellectual disabilities.
The story includes seven (7) reading comprehension questions and answers to reinforce and measure the student's understanding of the Finance Life Skills contained in the story!
This life skills story will assist high school students and young adults in developing the necessary independent living skills to become more independent at school, at home, and in their communities.
This story is designed to be used by special education teachers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, ABA therapists, registered behavior technicians (RBT), parents, supported living coaches, and life skills teachers to teach their students valuable life skills.
In addition to interactive instruction, this resource is ideal for hands-on and community-based learning, defining, setting, and measuring IEP goals.
Related Products for Developing Money Management Skills
Engage your special education class with this highly interactive High School Finance Life Skills Story!
It's printable, easy to use, and ready to hand out!
A PDF file with five (5) pages.