Letter B Capital and Lowercase Letter Sorting
About This Product
Students will practice letter recognition and distinguishing between capital and lowercase letters with this letter B sorting activity. This activity has a bug theme.
This sorting activity is suitable for preschool and kindergarten students who are learning to recognize the letter B and to distinguish between capital and lowercase letters. Students can work independently or in pairs to sort each letter to the correct mat.
What is Included:
* One capital letter sorting mat
* One lowercase letter sorting mat
* 12 bugs with capital and lowercase letters
--- 6 capital letters
--- 6 lowercase letters
When to Use:
* Literacy Center
* Sorting Center
* Fine Motor Activity
* Small Group Activity
* Morning Tub or Basket Activity
* File Folder Activity
* Independent Practice
* Baking Tray Activity
* Letter Recognition
* Distinguishing between capital and lowercase letters
* Sorting Skills
How to Play
Place each of the mats side by side on a flat surface. Give the students the cards to sort into the correct sorting mat
* File Folder Game - Glue the mats inside a file folder, one on either side of the inside of the folder. Use loop and hook fasteners (if desired) to place the cards on the correct sorting mat.
* Baking Tray Game - Place the mats side by side on a baking tray. Place magnets on the back of the cards so they stick to the mats on the cookie sheet when sorted.
This sorting activity is low prep. The teacher needs to print out the mats and apple pages. The apple pages need to be cut out. The pages can be laminated if desired. This sorting activity can be used over and over.
1 capital letter B mat
1 lowercase letter B mat
6 capital letter B bugs
6 lowercase letter B bugs