Letter I Long and Short Vowel Sort
About This Product
This beginning sound sort for the letter I is a great hands on activity for recognizing the beginning sounds of the letter I. This is an easy and fun activity to give students who need practice with recognizing the letter I sound in both its long and short form or for those students who need extra practice distinguishing between the initial sounds in words.
To complete this sorting activity, students will look at an item on an ice skater is holding to determine if the picture begins with the long or short sound of I and then the students will place the ice skater on the correct frozen pond.
This sorting activity includes 3 pages that contains
* One frozen pond mat for pictures that begin with the long I sound
* One frozen pond mat for pictures that begin with the short I sound
* Pictures that begin with the short I sound.
* Pictures that begin with the long I sound.
This beginning sound sort can be used in the following ways
* Literacy centers
* Fine motor centers
* File folder activity
* Add magnets to the apples for a baking tray activity
* Small group activities
* Morning work
* Emergency sub plans
Skills assessed with these letter I initial sound sort
* Initial Sounds of the letter I
* Distinguishing between words that begin the long I and short I sounds
* Ability to sort the paint splatters on to the correct mat
This beginning sounds sorting activity is a low prep activity. All a teacher needs to do is to print the three pages, cut out the paint splatters, and laminate the pages and cards if desired. The activity is easy to set up and to put away and store.
This product contains a PDF with 3 usable pages
* 2 sorting mats
* 1 page of sorting cards